The latest season of the Pokemon GO GO Battle League only started last week and we’re already entering our second cup of the period, the Psychic Cup, with players looking for the best Pokemon and team combinations.
The cup runs from September 8 – September 15 and has some strict rules.
Only Psychic-type Pokemon with a CP of 1,500 or below will be allowed to enter, with the exception of Mew.
Taking these rules into account, here are the best Pokemon GO Psychic Cup Team choices and Pokemon that you can pick.
Best Pokemon GO Psychic Cup Pokemon
It should be noted that, while the eligibility criteria states that a Pokemon must be Psychic-type to enter the Psychic Cup, Pokemon with dual typing are eligible.
With that in mind, the following are the top 30 Pokemon that you can choose for the Pokemon GO GO Battle League Psychic Cup according to PVPoke:
- Victini – Quick Attack/V-Create/Overheat
- Bronzong – Feint Attack/Payback/Heavy Slam
- Malamar – Psycho Cut/Foul Play/Hyper Beam
- Gardevoir – Charm/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam
- Claydol – Mud Slap/Shadow Ball/Rock Tomb
- Galarian Rapidash – Fairy Wind/Megahorn/Body Slam
- Wobuffet XL – Counter/Return/Body Slam
- Hypno – Confusion/Shadow Ball/Fire Punch
- Galarian Slowking – Hex/Shadow Ball/Sludge Wave
- Alolan Raichu – Volt Switch/Wild Charge/Thunder Punch
- Cresselia – Psycho Cut/Grass Knot/Moon Blast
- Shadow Lugia – Dragon Tail/Sky Attack/Aeroblast
- Shadow Latios – Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw/Luster Purge
- Latias – Dragon Breath/Outrage/Thunder
- Medicham – Counter/Ice Punch/Dynamic Punch
- Lunatone – Rock Throw/Rock Slide/Moonblast
- Slowbro – Water Gun/Ice Beam/Water Pulse
- Solrock – Rock Throw/Rock Slide/Solar Beam
- Metagross – Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Earthquake
- Jirachi – Charge Beam/Doom Desire/Psychic
- Shadow Slowpoke XL – Water Gun/Psyshock/Water Pulse
- Celebi – Magical Leaf/Seed Bomb/Leaf Storm
- Girafarig – Tackle/Thunderbolt/Psychic Fangs
- Deoxys Defense – Counter/Rock Slide/Thunderbolt
- Metang – Metal Claw/Gyro Ball/Psyshock
- Oranguru – Confusion/Foul Play/Psychic
- Male Meowstick – Sucker Punch/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
- Delphox – Fire Spin/Flame Charge/Fire Blast
- Xatu – Feint Attack/Ominous Wind/Aerial Ace
- Alakazam – Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball/Fire Punch
- Gothitelle – Charm/Rock Slide/Psychic
- Galarian Articuno – Psycho Cut/Brave Bird/Ancient Power
Best Pokemon GO Psychic Cup Team & Strategy
The foundation for building the best team in the Pokemon GO Psychic Cup is going to be to pick the Pokemon that have moves that are super-effective against Psychic-type Pokemon while trying to avoid Pokemon that have heavily Psychic-based movesets.
If you’re using a Pokemon that has a Psychic-type Charged Move and a non-Psychic-type Charged Move, you’re almost always going to be better off using the non-Psychic one.
With that in mind, we’ve looked at the above Pokemon to create what we consider to be the best team choices for the Pokemon GO Psychic Cup:
- Malamar/Galarian Slowking/Bronzong
- Alakazam/Slowbro/Delphox (this team is likely to be effective against some of the most popular choices)
- Male Meowstick/Galarian Slowking/Galarian Rapidash
- Malamar/Galarian Rapidash/Metagross
Malamar is a top pick due to its dual Dark/Psychic-typing, with Galarian Slowking’s moveset also looking very strong. The group of Gardevoir, Claydol, Bronzong and Galarian Rapidash also all look good with their moves that are super effective against Psychic-type Pokemon.
In other news, Next PS Plus September 2022 Free Games Premium Refresh Explained